Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Main Promotion in Life and Art

If I have one single thing that sticks out in my ideas of life and art it is this:  When rejection comes your way, as inevitably it will as an artist (competitions, bad painting, galleries, clients, family and friends), keep on keeping on!.  I know I might sound unreasonable, but I do get impatient with the emotional wimp, who quits in despair at any rejection.  That just isn't life.  Maybe our parents made it too easy for us and our expectations are unreasonable.  Maybe society is handling us as if we are entitled.  Not sure what the reasons may be, but am hearing an inordinate number of artists whining at life. Pick yourself up and be in control of your reactions to rejection, in life and art.  It is a conscious decision.  Fake it if you have to until it becomes a reality.  And, it will become a reality.

Here is one of my paintings going into the Ft. Worth Community Art Center Show:  Monterrey Monarch Migration  oil    24 x 18   Framed in a lovely custom frame     Available  for $1555.00

No comments: