Sunday, June 23, 2013

Last minute decision to go to Graham, Texas, for the National Texas Spirit Show

Made a decision about 2 pm to drive to Graham, Tx., for the reception beginning at 6:30 pm.  Took off at 3 pm and made it in plenty of time.  Had a great burger at Dairy Queen and a glass of tea.  The reception was beautiful and a wonderful variety of work from over the US.  But, the most interesting thing was seeing Mary Clendinning and her husband Bill, that I hadn't seen in over 40 years and we actually recognized each other.  They have a couple of my paintings they informed me.

The Show in Graham is a National Show and the reception was well attended.  I won 3rd place, a $500 check.  My dear friend William Schneider (Illinois) won 2nd, I think, and a woman from New York won 1st.  Am showing my painting that was the winner for me.

No comments: