Sunday, July 19, 2015

Brunch for the Swans

Have a group of women that have met for approximately 27 years each month to celebrate birthdays that fall in that month.  I had the lunch here and worked hard to have a varied menu. Could not have made the day without the serving prowess of Jean.  She was invaluable.
     Made up a cold soup that I want to share with you.  It was wonderful (I thought).  Will title it "Cold Creamy Tomato Soup"

Cooked in a pan with 3 T of olive oil-two large onions chopped, 2 carrots chopped, and 6 cloves of garlic chopped, 10 leaves of basil, until onions became translucent.  In my Blend Tek I blended two pounds of tomatoes and a couple of 8 oz cans of spicy tomato juice with the mixture of onions, garlic, carrots, and basil.  Then combined and blended with a pint of heavy cream.  Salt and pepper to taste.
Topped with a dab of sour cream mixed with who knows what, and a basil leaf.

One of our group of Swans, Sally, brought a couple of hand outs from my show in Granbury, and acted as my marketing director.  Should hire her.  Here is one of the paintings from the show that I have not referred to before:


No comments: